Reporting to the Tender manager, the Tender Associate will support all tender activities, collaborating with regional General Managers, distribution partners and external consultants.
This is an office-based role, but international travel may be required.
Fluency in German is an essential requirement and only candidates with proven full working proficiency will be considered for the position.
- Support the preparation of the offer documents and ensuring the timely and formal delivery
- Support the development and coordination of local partners/team for tender participation where required
- Support the provision of timely reporting, forecasting, and recommendations to senior management
- Support the development of strategic tender products and optimisation of the product portfolio
- Support the negotiation of tenders and direct purchasing opportunities with government’s organisations
- Implement new tender management processes as defined by the Tender Manager
- Improve the communication process with local partners to ensure the timely capture of tender adverts and participation
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Search and review new business opportunities
- Prepare “request for quotation” (RFQ) documents including products, services, quantities, delivery deadlines, terms and conditions and construct a work plan
- Support the tender preparation process internally and manage all third parties involved in the process.
- Calculation of offers taking into account the individual tender strategy / tactics and tender discount provisions
- Collaborate to the preparation the final package for submission to the customer, technical documentation, pricing proposals, commercial leaflets, sample requirements, and produce the relevant paperwork associated
- Understand the tender timeline and develop a time schedule plan to meet the relevant milestones in a timely manner
- Working closely with the supply chain, regulatory and artwork team to ensure stock availability for the markers as agreed
- Creation of forecast scenarios and business cases for identified opportunities, budget and supply chain planning
- Development of the tender business case for each project, ensuring target profit rates are maintained
- Search and evaluate the local and international competitors’ status
- Collating, analysing data and market feedback on pricing and product availability
- Participation to business intelligence projects to improve budget planning, strategic planning and operational rolling forecasts
- Testing new functionalities and providing feedback to software developers