As a key member of the International Team, and reporting to the Tender manager, the Tender Specialist will execute and support all tender activities, collaborating with regional General Managers, distribution partners and external consultants.
This is an office-based role, but international travel may be required.
- Support the preparation of the offer documents and ensuring the timely and formal delivery
- Support the development and coordination of local partners/team for tender participation where required
- Act as a single point of contact for any tender relevant concerns and inquiries.
- Provide timely reporting, tender forecasting, and recommendations to senior management
- Support the development of strategic tender products and optimisation of the product portfolio
- Negotiating tenders and direct purchasing opportunities with government’s organisations
- Improve the tender management process
- Improve the communication process with local partners to ensure the timely capture of tender adverts and participation
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Search and review new business opportunities, develop pricing strategies and effective sales
- Analyse and prepare “request for quotation” (RFQ) documents including products, services, quantities, delivery deadlines, terms and conditions and construct a work plan
- Coordinate the tender preparation process internally and manage all third parties involved in the process.
- Calculation of offers taking into account the individual tender strategy / tactics and tender discount provisions
- Prepare the final package for submission to the customer, technical documentation, pricing proposals, commercial leaflets, sample requirements, and produce the relevant paperwork associated
- Understand the tender timeline and develop a time schedule plan to meet the relevant milestones in a timely manner
- Working closely with the supply chain, regulatory and artwork team to ensure stock availability for the markers as agreed
- Creation of forecast scenarios and business cases for identified opportunities, budget and supply chain planning
- Development of the tender business case for each project, ensuring target profit rates are maintained
- Search and evaluate the local and international competitors’ status
- Collating, analysing data and market feedback on pricing and product availability
- Participation to business intelligence projects to improve budget planning, strategic planning and operational rolling forecasts
- Testing new functionalities and providing feedback to software developers